8/27/2010

I want to be LoopyDave when I grow up

closeup_face_details_by_Loopydave
Impressive rendering and drawing that is exaggerated and alive—LoopyDave is maybe my favorite new artist.
Tummyboy_by_Loopydave
Great caricature combined with a nice hand of media. I can’t tell if this is watercolor on pencil or digital painting on pencil. Whichever it is, I love the effect.
 dangerous_curves_by_Loopydave
There’s an impressive mastery of drawing media and digital painting in his work, and his facial expressions and wacky cartoon sensibility really hit the mark for me.
 RGB_by_Loopydave
Naturally, I don’t really get tired of looking at cartoony paintings of women.
gill_elvgren_tribute_by_Loopydave
But, it’s not the only thing worth looking at. Look at the rendering going into that gun! It looks perfectly dimensional and incredibly believable. I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of his work. And now I’m off to download his entire gallery.
LoopyDave via DeviantArt

1 comment:

Dan said...

I love that Chris Farley.

Related Posts with Thumbnails